– Robots on the Long Yu were almost entirely built there, and not on Earth.
– Techniques / principles of robot design are unique to Long Yu, but draw also from ancient knowledge.
– Long Yu robots are not entirely digital.
– They are not designed to be perfect.
– They are designed to exist in harmony with the Dao.
– This requires specialised analogue circuitry; the principles of analogue circuit design are poorly understood, and cannot be taught. A good designer ‘feels’ when the circuit design is in harmony with the Dao. It is intuitive.